Due to the current COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic and the public health guidance from the UK Government regarding limiting all social contact where possible, the festival committee has taken the decision to postpone the 2020 Tynedale Beer & Cider Festival, which was due to be held on 18-21 June 2020.
At this stage, we are hoping that many of you who have already purchased tickets will help us by waiting to see when, or if, any new dates are confirmed. Should Government restrictions mean that we have to cancel the festival for this year, you will still be able to claim a full refund.
We will also be contacting all of our sponsors over the next few days.
The Festival has already incurred significant costs which will not be recovered if the festival has to be cancelled in 2020. As we are all volunteers and run the festival for charity and fundraising, we would ask that you consider forgoing refunds, or only request a partial refund. If you could help us by not requesting a refund, your tickets would be valid for the 2021 festival.
We will keep you fully informed through social media and our email newsletters as to how things progress, and hopefully we will be seeing you later this year.
The Festival Team
24 March 2020
Tynedale Beer & Cider Festival is one of the North East’s biggest beer and cider festivals, and probably the best! An annual event, it takes place at Tynedale Park in Corbridge, the home of Tynedale Rugby Football Club. Over three days in June we bring you the best beers and ciders that the region and the UK have to offer, along with great wine, a gin and rum bar, delicious street food and live music. The festival is organised by Tynedale Lions Club and Tynedale Rugby Football Club. Its purpose is to raise money for good causes.
Festival opening times
Thursday 6pm – 11pm, Friday 1pm – 11pm, Saturday Noon – 11pm. NEW Sunday 1pm – 7:30pm
What’s new for 2020?
- We have extended our opening hours and you can now take a half day and join us from 1pm on the Friday! What a way to start the weekend. We have also added a Father’s Day special on the Sunday afternoon.
- There will be some great new bands providing the entertainment, as well as some returning from previous years. Have a look at some videos from last year. Click this link.
- We are also having an extra day on the Sunday (21st) – Details on the Entertainment page.
- Our Street Food stalls were a big hit last year and we will have plenty of them for 2020.
- We are pleased to welcome back Dark Sky Glamping. Click this link for more information.
- Following the success of the men’s rugby 7’s, we are pleased to announce that we are planning a Ladies Touch Rugby Tournament for the Friday evening. More details in due course.
- As a reminder of the great time we had in 2019, click on this link to see photographs from the festival and some of the music we enjoyed.
7’s Rugby competitionWe had a great afternoon 0f Rugby 7’s at our 2019 festival. Matt Fieldhouse is organising it again for 2020 and we hope to have at least 12 teams. So you can come along on the Saturday afternoon and enjoy some great beers and also watch some fast and exciting 7’s rugby. The competition is in aid of the Stay Strong Stu charities.
We would like to thank Northumberland Fire & Rescue service for their assistance and advice enabling us to ensure we adhere to safe practise.